Gresham Modification Lawyers

Amend Your Existing Divorce Order

Judge modifying court orderIt would be unrealistic to assume that a divorce judgment will remain effective forever after the dissolution of a marriage. Fortunately, the court recognizes this and offers individuals the opportunity to change or modify the terms of the judgment. Though your property rights are not modifiable, custody, support, and parenting time orders can be modified if needed. At Gresham Family & Bankruptcy Law, our Gresham modification attorneys are skilled in handling child support, spousal support, and child custody modifications. We can also assist with the enforcement of existing orders.

Discuss your needs with us today by calling (503) 470-2230.

When to Request a Modification

At GFBL, our lawyers have extensive experience guiding clients through the many challenging aspects of changing old terms in a divorce judgment that no longer works. Even if both parents agree to the modification, you will have to have your agreement documented and filed with the court to ensure it is enforceable.

You may need to update your divorce order if:

  • You wish to move
  • You change jobs
  • You lose your job or suffer a loss of income
  • You or your child becomes ill
  • You or your ex-spouse remarry

The Importance of Retaining a Lawyer When Modifying Court Orders

Some people make the mistake of only getting a verbal agreement from the other party regarding a change without formalizing anything. Any modification — whether temporary or permanent — must be communicated through the court system to be enforceable. Our post-judgment modification attorneys in Gresham can help you initiate a petition to modify your divorce order. We can also help you respond to a petition that your ex-spouse has filed.

Courts will only grant a modification if you can prove that a substantial change in your circumstances necessitates the change. Our attorneys at GFBL have extensive experience building strong, airtight cases for our clients who need to modify existing court orders. We can gather all evidence and present it effectively to the court to boost your chances of success.

If you have concerns regarding post-divorce modifications, we encourage you to contact us at (503) 470-2230 today.

Former Clients Share Their Experiences

Your Story Matters
  • “Very Professional and Understanding”

    - DC
  • “When anyone asks what firm I went through, I will always mention Lillian.”

    - Toni
  • “She was very helpful on explaining what to expect and how I should represent myself.”

    - Former Client

Contact Us

Let's Get Started Together
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.