Meet Kristi Skalman - Our newest dynamic attorney- who joined Gresham Family & Bankruptcy Law (GFBL) the year of 2020.
While Kristi's primary focus at GFBL is financial relief for both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy, Kristi brings with her a strong sense of community and variety of experience, such as estate planning, bankruptcy, and family law including divorce, Protective Orders, Family Abuse Prevention Orders, custody, and parenting concerns with a deep desire to assist her clients in a time of crisis and moving them toward rebuilding their future.
Her diverse background and strong commitment and compassion for community is the driving force to ensure that her clients receive effective and transparent legal representation that gives them a sense of peace, a sense of empowerment, and the stability they need.
In law school, Kristi's passion for supporting small business and the strong sense of community led her to clerk for smaller law firms, as well as working as a research assistant at Willamette University on constitutional law.
Kristi's range of interests keep her busy from spending time with her husband and her three Chihuahuas to music, such as playing guitar and piano, writing music and poetry.
From humble beginnings and hard work through customer service, welding fabrication, cooking and law school, her multiplicity in work and experiences have shaped her into a passionate and hardworking advocate in her legal field.
- Willamette University College of Law, Juris Doctor, Graduated 2020. Portland
- State University, Bachelor of History, Graduated 2017
- Clark Community College, Associates in Applied Science - Welding Technology, Graduated 2012
- Avid Tutor, Parkrose High School
- 2015 SUN Afterschool Program, 2015
- Luna Bear Farm Sanctuary, 2020
- The Commons Law Center, Family Law, 2019-2020
- Collier Law, Estate Planning, 2018-2019